Friday, December 2, 2022

Surviving Alcoholic Parents

 


Surviving Alcoholic Parents:

A Teens ABC Guide to Thriving In A World Of Chaos


Do you feel that your home life is just not normal?
Do you feel different than everybody else?
Do you know, or suspect that your parent's drinking is out of control?
Are you embarrassed to have friends over for fear of what you might walk into?
Do you dread going home in general just because of the uncertainty of what you might find?
Are you afraid to talk to someone about it for fear of being laughed at, made fun of, or worse, having them tell your parents?

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Over 18 million children are growing up with alcoholic parents. These children are going through some very tough times. There is manipulation, violence, trauma, abuse, neglect and dysfunction at a level that is hard to imagine. I know because I experienced it my entire childhood. What I didn't know at the time was that as a child of an alcoholic I was developing habits and traits that would follow me into adulthood, Thankfully, I eventually understood that if I did not seek help, I would be destined to struggle with relationships, intimacy, codependency, and a number of other issues my entire life.

"Surviving Alcoholic Parents" helps young adults tackle these issues early in the process, before the damage has been done. It reaches young adults at a critical time in their lives, when they don't know what to expect, or who to turn to. It educates them about the disease of alcoholism, teaches healthy coping skills, and encourages them to seek out the support they so desperately need.

By sharing my personal healing journey, years of research and guided activities, young adults will learn how to thrive in their current situation, while emerging into adulthood as victors instead of victims. "Surviving Alcoholic Parents" empowers teens and young adults to be the best people that they can be, even while living in chaos.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment